Domain Technologie Control Forum
Take the control of your domain name

Home » DTC installing and using support » Gentoo, and others OS specific support » mailing list creation errors
mailing list creation errors [message #554] Tue, 30 August 2005 15:09 Go to next message
mxc
Hi all,

I get these warning when creating a mailing list. Anything to worry about.

Warning: fopen(/var/www/sites/admin/cyberdesigns.co.za/lists/cyberdesigns.co.za_craigavon/control/listaddress) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/dtc/shared/inc/sql/lists.php on line 70

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/share/dtc/shared/inc/sql/lists.php on line 71

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/share/dtc/shared/inc/sql/lists.php on line 72

Directory missing errors for mailing list [message #555] Tue, 30 August 2005 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mxc
I have created some of the directories manually but just keep getting more missing directories errors.

I created lists/<domain>_mailinglist but then get this error.
Quote:

Aug 30 19:25:09 ns1 /usr/bin/mlmmj-recieve[3143]: mlmmj-recieve.c:130: could not create mail file in /var/www/sites/admin/cyberdesigns.co.za/lists/cyberdesigns.co.za_craigavon//incoming directory: No such file or directory
Aug 30 19:25:09 ns1 postfix/local[18844]: 0C235A35C8: to=<cyberdesigns.co.za_craigavon@ns1.cyberdesigns.co.za>, relay=local, delay=0, status=bounced (Command died with status 1: "/usr/bin/mlmmj-recieve -L /var/www/sites/admin/cyberdesigns.co.za/lists/cyberdesigns.co.za_craigavon/")

After creating the direcotry incoming I then get this error.
[quote]
Aug 30 17:28:02 ns1 postfix/smtpd[3941]: disconnect from unknown[127.0.0.1]
Aug 30 19:28:03 ns1 /usr/bin/mlmmj-process[10499]: mlmmj-process.c:414: could not create /var/www/sites/admin/cyberdesigns.co.za/lists/cyberdesigns.co.za_craigavon//queue/1c63b448698e74c9: No such file or directory
Aug 30 19:28:03 ns1 postfix/local[4095]: D66B2A35C9: to=<cyberdesigns.co.za_craigavon@ns1.cyberdesigns.co.za>, relay=local, delay=1, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/mlmmj-recieve -L /var/www/sites/admin/cyberdesigns.co.za/lists/cyberdesigns.co.za_craigavon/)
Quote:

any ideas?

mailing list creation errors [message #556] Wed, 31 August 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lupin3rd
I will try the new mailing list support in a test server tomorrow.
I hope to solve all bugs that i insert in my code.

Luca F. aka Lupin3rd
mailing list creation errors [message #557] Thu, 01 September 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lupin3rd
For now there is only a way to create maling list with DTC and mlmmj:
1) install mlmmj
2) create a /etc/mlmmj/lists directory with permission for nogroup to write to it

this is the only way because the command mlmmj-make-ml have some problem when the panel run it how nobody.nogroup.

Remember that the mailing-list panel is not stable and in develop!!!

Luca F. aka Lupin3rd
mailing list creation errors [message #558] Thu, 01 September 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gplhost
Administrator

In the installer, there is the following code:

if [ -f "/usr/bin/mlmmj-make-ml" ]
then
        mkdir -p /etc/mlmmj/lists
        chown -R root:65534 /etc/mlmmj/lists
        chmod -R g+w /etc/mlmmj/lists
fi

Once again, that seems to be a path problem (or you installed mlmmj after DTC so the installer didn't see it).

Can you check:
1/ where is the mlmmj-make-ml command under gentoo.
2/ is there a /etc/mlmmj/lists folder when you create a mailing list with mlmmj-make-ml or is it located somewhere else?

Thomas

GPLHost:>_ Opensource hosting worldwide
Xen hosting with DTC pre-setup
mailing list creation errors [message #559] Thu, 01 September 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lupin3rd
You need to "reinstall" dtc after mlmmj's installation, how for all daemon.
mailing list creation errors [message #696] Mon, 12 December 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Targess
Hi!, is running mlmmj now for you?
mailing list creation errors [message #736] Fri, 13 January 2006 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gplhost
Administrator

I think I know the problem. In fact, this happens when the path to mlmmj-make-ml is wrong. When that happens, the the directory creations wont be done, and then DTC can't write the config files in the control folder. You can try to find where we call it in DTC_PATH/shared/inc/sql/lists.php (search for mlmmj-make-ml, and patch with the full path for your OS).

Could you please tell me if mlmmj is located in /usr/local/bin for your distribution? I think it's the case, because that's the way it's made when compiling by default.

I need to be sure of the path for the following Unix:
- FreeBSD
- Gentoo
- RedHat

I'll try to do something that will search for executable path in the futur.

Last note: please use latest version of the panel and mlmmj is needed because both setup the correct recipient delimiter - and not +.

BFN,

Thomas

mailing list creation errors [message #12764] Sun, 02 January 2011 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spork
Sorry to bring up an old thread - I hit the same problem here. I see in lists.php, the path for everything is /usr/bin/mlmmj-*, but on my box (FreeBSD) it should be /usr/local/bin/mlmmj-*

Just changing all the paths looks to have fixed everything up - at least the prefs are written correctly and all. Have to see if it's tying in to postfix correctly or not, but that's a whole 'nother story...
mailing list creation errors [message #12766] Sun, 02 January 2011 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gplhost
Administrator

Would you be able to create a fix and send it to the dtcdev list?

Thomas

mailing list creation errors [message #12767] Sun, 02 January 2011 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spork
gplhost
Would you be able to create a fix and send it to the dtcdev list?

Sure, is there either a common function you use for finding the path to a binary or a best practice for testing the location? I've seen other files do a "if exists/else" block for this, is that preferred?
mailing list creation errors [message #12770] Mon, 03 January 2011 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gplhost
Administrator

In this case, testing for the file existence will be an insignificant amount of process time compared to the list creation, so yes, you can do it at run-time. Best would be to check for /usr/bin/mlmmj-* (general Linux case) first, and then in /usr/local (other local lovers type of OS like Gentoo and FreeBSD).

Thomas

mailing list creation errors [message #14419] Mon, 06 February 2012 06:29 Go to previous message
Sprites
Your account should come with 5 mailing lists. Could you please login to MyCOVE and submit a new eTicket to the Support area asking for those to be enabled for you?

[Updated on: Wed, 07 November 2012 09:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Problem with mysql lenght key
Next Topic: Please post details about Unix type and version of the panel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 28 12:07:35 UTC 2017