Domain Technologie Control Forum
Take the control of your domain name

Home » DTC devel » Feature requests » Vacation reply ABOVE the text
Vacation reply ABOVE the text [message #77456] Fri, 05 July 2013 13:56 Go to next message
hexa
Hi all.

I'm aware that proper response to e-mail should be below previous message.
But in business world that's not the case and if i reconfigure my client to do so, half of the people don't even see my reply.
The same is with vacation message. Is there a way to put it above the original message?

I've found where this is templated:
/usr/share/dtc/admin/genfiles/mailfilter_vacation_template

My first q. would be, how to fix it to get the reply above. (man mailbot didn't help).
Second question would be how to keep this even during upgrades of DTC.
Re: Vacation reply ABOVE the text [message #82479 is a reply to message #77456] Mon, 08 July 2013 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gplhost
Administrator

Hi,

Things have moved to Dovecot, so that's where you should have a look into.

Thomas

GPLHost:>_ Opensource hosting worldwide
Xen hosting with DTC pre-setup
Re: Vacation reply ABOVE the text [message #143746 is a reply to message #82479] Thu, 01 August 2013 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hexa
Hi Thomas.
Thank you for your reply. I'm not using Dovecot, i'm using courier with DTC. Vacation messages work, just the reply is below the text.

Can you please be more specific where to look?

mail:/etc# dpkg --get-selections | grep couri
courier-authdaemon				install
courier-authlib					install
courier-authlib-mysql				install
courier-authlib-userdb				install
courier-base					install
courier-imap					install
courier-imap-ssl				install
courier-maildrop				install
courier-pop					install
courier-pop-ssl					install
courier-ssl					install
dtc-postfix-courier				install

Re: Vacation reply ABOVE the text [message #143852 is a reply to message #143746] Thu, 01 August 2013 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hexa
OK, i found that mailbot is still being used.
Files in maildir are:
.mailfilter
vacation.*

I guess (haven't tested yet) that .mailfilter get's part of it's content from /usr/share/dtc/admin/genfiles/mailfilter_vacation_template.
Now i need to figure out how to make mailbot reply above the message text.
Then check if /usr/share/dtc/admin/genfiles/mailfilter_vacation_template is really used or where does vacation code for mailbot come from, so i can fix it there.

I might even have to install new version of mailbot if this version on Debian 6 doesn't support auto-reply above the text.
Re: Vacation reply ABOVE the text [message #143863 is a reply to message #143852] Thu, 01 August 2013 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hexa
While looking at the:
cc "| mailbot -r '$RECIPIENT' -A 'X-AutoReply-From: dtc-autoreply' -A 'X-Mail-Autoreply: dtc-autoreply' -A 'Auto-Submitted: auto-replied' -t $RESPOND -c 'UTF-8' -d $RESPONDDB -D 1 -A 'From: $RECIPIENT' -s 'Auto Response: from $RECIPIENT'  /usr/sbin/sendmail -f '<>' -t"

I wonder if those $RECIPIENT variable is sanitized, so no1 can craft a special mail, which would abuse this command ad execute a shell command.
Re: Vacation reply ABOVE the text [message #143892 is a reply to message #143863] Thu, 01 August 2013 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hexa
I just got it working. Solution isn't the best, but it might help others. If you wish, post it to wiki pages.
I used mailbot from Debian 7 and extracted it to nonstandard location. It has the much needed -N function.
Dlded: courier-maildrop_0.68.2-1_amd64.deb extracted using vx courier-maildrop_0.68.2-1_amd64.deb then tar.
Changed /usr/share/dtc/admin/genfiles/mailfilter_vacation_template :
/usr/src/mailbot.debs/usr/bin/mailbot -N -r '$RECIPIENT' -A 'X-AutoReply-From: dtc-autoreply' -A 'X-Mail-Autoreply: dtc-autoreply' -A 'Auto-Submitted: auto-replied' -t $RESPOND -c 'UTF-8' -d $RESPONDDB -D 1 -A 'From: $RECIPIENT' -s 'Auto Response: from $RECIPIENT' /usr/sbin/sendmail -f '<>' -t"

Done.
Re: Vacation reply ABOVE the text [message #143911 is a reply to message #143892] Thu, 01 August 2013 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hexa
Just a quick question.
WIll my changes to /usr/share/dtc/admin/genfiles/mailfilter_vacation_template stay persistent during DTC upgrades?
If not, how can i make them?
Re: Vacation reply ABOVE the text [message #185119 is a reply to message #143911] Sat, 31 August 2013 06:58 Go to previous message
gplhost
Administrator

Hi,

No it wont. The only way would be to contribute to DTC through the dev list (and for that, you got to make sure that your changes wont bother others).

Thomas

GPLHost:>_ Opensource hosting worldwide
Xen hosting with DTC pre-setup
Previous Topic: sbox_aufs helper button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 28 12:06:21 UTC 2017