Domain Technologie Control Forum
Take the control of your domain name

Home » DTC installing and using support » Debian install support » New install on Debian Jessie
New install on Debian Jessie [message #386874] Mon, 08 June 2015 16:51 Go to next message
electrinfo
Hello,

I'm using DTC since a couple of years and need now to setup a new server. I was planing to use Deban Jessie but can't find any info on the way to setup DTC on Jessie. Are packages avalaible for the new OS version or should I go with the last OS version ?
Cheers,
greg
icon5.gif  Re: New install on Debian Jessie [message #386898 is a reply to message #386874] Sun, 14 June 2015 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chronos
Same here! Smile

DTC packages are in Debian 'experimental', but there they have version 0.35.5, while the latest git repository version tag was 0.38 (20 months ago). Version 0.35.5, according to git, is 3 years old.

I did find ftp://ftp.gplhost.com/debian/dists/jessie-backports/ (updated on the 1st of June this year). I have tried it (despite the '-backports' part) on my wheezy server, but that hasn't added any new packages, or newer version of DTC. So I guess 0.38.6 and/or git is the only version currently available.

Then the only question is: is 0.38.6 (or git HEAD) compatible with jessie?

Edit: git I'm mentioning is this one: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=dtc-common ;dist=unstable

Edit 2: debian experimental bugtracker does not show anything functionality-related (yet?): https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=dtc-common ;dist=unstable

[Updated on: Sun, 14 June 2015 20:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New install on Debian Jessie [message #388669 is a reply to message #386898] Mon, 16 November 2015 18:57 Go to previous message
electrinfo
has anyone any news ?

Any plans from the new team ?

I'll soon be deploying a new server so the question is raising again Wink
Previous Topic: SSH login failure
Next Topic: IMPORTANT READ BEFORE POSTING !!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 28 12:09:49 UTC 2017